The NGO Forum is composed of member NGOs who pay an annual fee, are governed by the NGO Forum Statutes of Operation, and represented by the annually elected NGO Forum Steering Committee. It is not possible for individuals to become members of the NGO Forum. Member organisations must meet mandatory membership criteria and apply for, and receive, membership. Membership criteria is as follows:
1. Members are nongovernmental, not-for-profit, non-partisan, non-political and non-proselytising organisations, providing humanitarian and/or development assistance to the South Sudanese, and accepting the NGO Forum Scope of Services.
2. Members must have a full-time presence in South Sudan.
3. Members must complete the NGO Forum Membership Registration Form, which provides an overview of the organisation’s projects, partners, funding sources, areas of operation, etc. This is to be updated annually in January at the time of renewal of membership and payment of annual membership fees.
4. Members must provide documentary evidence of registration with the GoSS.
5. Members must pay membership fees, which are due in the first two months of each calendar year. New members who join the Forum at a midpoint of any calendar year will have the amount prorated according to the remaining months in the year.
6. Prospective members will be reviewed by the Steering Committee and then approved by the Country Director’s Group or National NGO Forum. The prospective NGO must be available to attend the appropriate Forum meeting in order to answer questions regarding their NGO and activities should that be required.
7. Members and their projects are subject to the laws of South Sudan.
1. Prospective members must fill in the the following online application form. Any questions or problems should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. This form will be checked by the NGO Forum Secretariat to ensure that it is properly and fully completed and that NGO Forum membership criteria are met. Applicants will be contacted by the Secretariat to confirm receipt and incomplete or erroneous applications will be notified.
3. NGOs which satisfy the application process as reviewed by the Secretariat will be put forward to the Steering Committee for review. These will then be passed to the Country Director’s Group or National NGO Forum to be approved by a simple 2/3s majority of members in attendance but with a quorum of no less than 20 NGO members.
4. The decision of acceptance, or rejection, will be made known in writing to the applicant organization by the NGO Secretariat.
5. The accepted NGO will then make payment to the NGO Secretariat of the membership fee according to the annual membership fee scale which will be receipted. (For the current membership fee scale, please contact the NGO Secretariat at: email@example.com) A member, once accepted, has two months in which to make payment before their application expires. All members are expected to make full membership fee payment. Should an NGO be unable to make the payment they may submit a letter of explanation to the appropriate Steering Committee detailing why they are unable to make the payment and request a deferment until such a time as they can pay or suggest a payment plan. The Steering Committee retains the right to accept or reject the request.
Membership related documents can be found here
The South Sudan NGO Forum is funded by its committed members, Sida, SDC, and ECHO.