Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Human Resources & Administration Officer (HR&AO) for our South Sudan Country Program. The position will be located in Yei.
The Human Resources & Administration Officer (HR&AO) is responsible for ensuring that Women for Women International – South Sudan human resources and administration needs are met and carried out in accordance with organizational guidelines and procedures. The HR&AO support recruitment, compensation and benefits administration, time management, performance management, employee relations, staff training and development, and human resources records & retention activities for the Country Office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for a recruitment process for regular and contractor staff that complies with WfWI policies as well as applicable national laws and regulations.
2. Manage the new hire orientation process to ensure that all new hire documentation is completed and processed and that all new staff is well briefed on country office policies, procedures and ways of working.
3. Responsible for new staff probation tracking and working with Line Manager to conduct probation evaluation and ensure that required documentation is completed and filed.
4. Support the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews, ensuring that each employee receives the required review and documentation is placed in employee files.
5. Support the Associate Director, Regional HR to conduct evaluation of employee training and development needs to inform planning for staff training and development.
6. Oversee the exit interview process for employees leaving the organization and evaluate the data collected from this activity for retention purposes.
7. Review proposed salary decisions for both regular staff and contractors; seek reviews from the Associate Director, Regional HR, and make recommendations to Senior Management based on Country Office compensation guidelines.
8. Support staff compensation and benefits administration ensuring internal equity and compliance with organizational policies and applicable laws. Support bi-annual compensation and benefits surveys as directed by the Associate Director, Regional HR.
9. Responsible for tracking new staff enrollment to insurance carriers and advising the vendor on staff to be dropped from the insurance plans upon separation.
10. Oversee employee leave administration and personnel filing. Work with the Country Director and Associate Director, Regional HR, and other senior management staff to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
11. Coordinate with Finance the preparation of monthly Payroll, ensuring that all staff changes are correctly noted and compliance with national tax and labour regulations.
12. Coordinate with Finance to manage timesheets for the office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
13. Prepare internal communications regarding any relevant HR issues such as changes to the Employee Handbook, compensation, benefits, or new policy releases.
1. Responsible for travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
2. Manage the office general telephone line, mail and courier services.
3. Ensure that office supplies and materials are available and replenished as needed.
4. Maintain general office forms and assist staff with completion as required.
5. Responsible for maintaining in an accurate, organized manner the core files of the country office, in both soft and hard copies. Archive files as/when necessary.
6. Take minutes of meetings and prepare letters and other documents as requested.
7. Provide administrative support for workshops and meetings, to ensure booking of venue and availability of all materials and equipment required.
8. Schedules use of conference room and assist in set- up for all staff meetings.
9. Prepare WfWI employee ID cards.
10. Support the Country Director to ensure that all NGO Registration and other legal requirements are completed in a timely manner.
11. Manage all tenancy agreements for WfWI office, guest house, and training centers.
12. Ensure that physical facilities of WfWI South Sudan office are well maintained.
1. Performance manage direct reports in line with WfWI’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meetings regarding progress throughout the year.
2. Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to subordinates.
Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required Skills & Minimum Qualifications:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline.
• Technical qualifications in area of specialization
• At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in the field of human resources.
• Must be familiar with country specific labor laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
• Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
• Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and makes decisions.
• Ability to summarize complex data and effectively present information.
• Excellent written and verbal English, and local language skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
• Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, and email applications.
All interested candidates should submit the following application materials: updated CV, cover letter and 3 professional references. Send application to: email@example.com
. Please put (HR&AO) in the Subject line. Application deadline: September 26, 2014. Due to urgency of the recruitment, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer the positions before the closing date.
We do not accept applications sent to our human resources email box or telephone inquiries. Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview.